Home » Positions – Open
Category Archives: Positions – Open
Lumin Education is seeking a Food Service Specialist- Substitute to support our Breakfast and Lunch program, as needed. This position will work from 6:45 AM to 1:45 PM Monday-Friday when called to fill in for our food service staff. Responsibilities include set-up and clean-up of breakfast and lunch, complying with food safety and nutrition standards and assisting with other staff in food preparation. Training will be provided and a High School diploma is required. This position pays $11 per hour.
Please send cover letter and resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj
Lumin Education in Dallas, Texas, is a public Montessori charter school. We serve the children not ordinarily served by tuition-based, private schools: urban, low-income, English language learners. This is a dynamic district for those who are drawn to serve a receptive, under-served segment of the population. Our schools are set up to succeed: cohesive staff, involved parents, outstanding facility (indoors and out), well equipped and maintained, and very sound business and development support.
We are always looking for qualified teachers for future openings as our campuses grow.
Requirements: Montessori certification (AMI preferred), bachelor’s degree, legal work status in the U.S., a passion for teaching, and the temperament to engage children with a wide range of learning styles, and from diverse home backgrounds.
Compensation: competitive salary; health insurance; life insurance; state retirement system
Please send your cover letter and resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj
Directs and coordinates special education and intervention services for 3 Lumin Campuses. Duties include administration of District programs and services to provide for diagnosis, evaluation, and education that meet the vision, mission, and values of the District in accordance with federal, and state regulations. Maintains active communication with TEA in order to keep Lumin services in compliance with state rules and regulations. Supervises special education student progress as well as coordinate and direct ARD meetings. Requirements include Master’s degree, at least five years of teaching experience, and excellent communication skills. Prefer Special Education Certification, Montessori training.
- Meet with campus directors monthly to provide updates and information. (3 directors x 1 hour/month)
- Coordinate and oversee administration of summer school offerings in collaboration with Director of Student Services. It has typically been three classes offered from June (upon end of regular school year) and ends July 7.
- Communicate and collaborate with Student Services Director to ensure the needs of our students are being met. This includes the identification of special education program needs and gaps in services/offerings, if any.
- Serve as a liaison with the region 10 consultants. The consultation in from mid-January to March.
- Coordinates the identification of general education tutoring needs. This includes Analyzing district needs in collaboration with School Directors and coordinating general education services.
Position open immediately through July 7, 2017. Opportunity to continue into 2017-2018 school year.
To apply send cover letter and resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj
Substitutes are called on an as-needed basis, often the morning of the assignment. Depending on the classroom, the hours are typically from 7:30 am to 1:00 or 3:30 pm. Pay is $10 per hour .
Qualifications: Minimum High School Diploma; fluency in English/Spanish helpful, and experience in a Montessori classroom a plus.
Please send resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj