Home » Posts tagged 'Jobs-Lumin'
Tag Archives: Jobs-Lumin
Lumin Education is seeking a Food Service Specialist- Substitute to support our Breakfast and Lunch program, as needed. This position will work from 6:45 AM to 1:45 PM Monday-Friday when called to fill in for our food service staff. Responsibilities include set-up and clean-up of breakfast and lunch, complying with food safety and nutrition standards and assisting with other staff in food preparation. Training will be provided and a High School diploma is required. This position pays $11 per hour.
Please send cover letter and resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj
Lumin Education in Dallas, Texas, is a public Montessori charter school. We serve the children not ordinarily served by tuition-based, private schools: urban, low-income, English language learners. This is a dynamic district for those who are drawn to serve a receptive, under-served segment of the population. Our schools are set up to succeed: cohesive staff, involved parents, outstanding facility (indoors and out), well equipped and maintained, and very sound business and development support.
We are always looking for qualified teachers for future openings as our campuses grow.
Requirements: Montessori certification (AMI preferred), bachelor’s degree, legal work status in the U.S., a passion for teaching, and the temperament to engage children with a wide range of learning styles, and from diverse home backgrounds.
Compensation: competitive salary; health insurance; life insurance; state retirement system
Please send your cover letter and resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj
Job Title: Student Services Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Student Services
School/Program: Lumin Education
Primary Work Site: TBD: Lumin East Dallas or Lindsley Park Community School Campus
Wage/Hours/Status: Full time, School Year, Exempt
Dates: Mon, Aug. 1, 2016 – Fri, June 30, 2017
The Student Services Coordinator is Responsible for the coordination of services in support of Lumin directors to ensure that Lumin Education is offering its children all required services while implementing these services in a developmentally appropriate fashion in accordance with Montessori philosophy. This role coordinates government and private funding and compliance requirements that directly touch children and their parents, including, but not limited to, recruitment, enrollment, and assessments. The Student Services Coordinator (SSC) supports students in primary and elementary classes, ages 3 to 9.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the district testing program to ensure full compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Coordinate the administration, distribution and processing of all state-, and district-mandated criterion- and norm-referenced tests administered at Lumin Education. These tests include STAAR, Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS), and Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) as well as those required by private funders.
- Act as Campus Test Coordinators (CTCs) on testing procedures, including special accommodations, and test security issues for all state-mandated tests
- Organize, maintain, communicate and publish data as needed or requested for all staff or public.
- Implement and follow all District health and safety policies, including all precautions identified in the Blood borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan; coordinate vision and hearing screening.
- Track and meet deadlines for compliance requirements
- Work collaboratively with Student Services Manager to identify and execute special projects related to enrollment, attendance, and other projects as assigned.
- Oversee the English as a Second Language program and the Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC).
- Support student retention by being a resources to campuses. Generate reports using both paper and electronic data as needed.
- Update and administer student records in MRX.
- Works collaboratively with the Campus Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- State Certification with ESL endorsement
- Willingness to attend continuing education training (to be paid for by the organization)
- Understanding and/or willingness to learn the Montessori Philosophy;
- Basic knowledge of charter school requirements preferred;
- Spanish speaking preferred;
- Working knowledge of computer applications including: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet skills;
- Ability to participate in confidential discussions and protect confidential information;
- Strong oral and written communication skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Customer-service focused;
- Strong attention to detail and documentation.
- Previous experience with public Montessori school, a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj.
Requirements: Montessori certification, bachelor’s degree, legal work status in the U.S., a passion for teaching, and the temperament to engage children with a wide range of learning styles, and from diverse home backgrounds. Compensation: salaried position; benefits including health and life insurance. Contact: gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj.