Lumin Education has established January 10 – February 23 as the application period for students interested in enrolling for the 2017 – 2018 school year! Visit one of our campuses today to More »
Lumin Education’s Alumni Relations is pleased to announce its first ever college preparation workshop for alumni currently in grades 9 – 11 and their parents! The workshop will be held on March More »
Black History Month is the celebration of achievements by black Americans and the roles they’ve played (and continue to play) in American history.
This year, in honor of Black History Month we’d like to share with you the below videos and links that feature various movers and shakers within the black community that have produced change and inspired countless generations in the process.
Happy Black History Month from Lumin Education!
Dr. Charles Drew
Coretta Scott King
*Videos courtesy of www.becauseofthemwecan.com
Additional Educational Links
- The History Channel’s “Black History”
- National Museum of African American History and Culture collection of historical artifacts, documents, photography and media
- TIME for Kids: Black History feature
Where to celebrate Black History Month in Dallas
Lumin Education is seeking a Food Service Specialist- Substitute to support our Breakfast and Lunch program, as needed. This position will work from 6:45 AM to 1:00 PM Monday-Friday when called to fill in for our food service staff. Responsibilities include set up and clean-up of breakfast and lunch, complying with food safety and nutrition standards, and assisting with other staff in food preparation. Training will be provided and a High School diploma is required. Please send cover letter and resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj
Directs and coordinates special education and intervention services for 3 Lumin Campuses. Duties include administration of District programs and services to provide for diagnosis, evaluation, and education that meet the vision, mission, and values of the District in accordance with federal, and state regulations. Maintains active communication with TEA in order to keep Lumin services in compliance with state rules and regulations. Supervises special education student progress as well as coordinate and direct ARD meetings. Requirements include Master’s degree, at least five years of teaching experience, and excellent communication skills. Prefer Special Education Certification, Montessori training.
- Meet with campus directors monthly to provide updates and information. (3 directors x 1 hour/month)
- Coordinate and oversee administration of summer school offerings in collaboration with Director of Student Services. It has typically been three classes offered from June (upon end of regular school year) and ends July 7.
- Communicate and collaborate with Student Services Director to ensure the needs of our students are being met. This includes the identification of special education program needs and gaps in services/offerings, if any.
- Serve as a liaison with the region 10 consultants. The consultation in from mid-January to March.
- Coordinates the identification of general education tutoring needs. This includes Analyzing district needs in collaboration with School Directors and coordinating general education services.
Position open immediately through July 7, 2017. Opportunity to continue into 2017-2018 school year.
To apply send cover letter and resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj
Lumin Education has established January 10 – February 23 as the application period for students interested in enrolling for the 2017 – 2018 school year! Visit one of our campuses today to complete and submit your application packet!
Admission is done by a lottery drawing from applications submitted during the “designated application period.” Each child is given a number and names are drawn randomly for each age category. Once all openings have been filled, a waiting list is developed by lottery from the remaining applications submitted during the designated application period. Applications received after February 23 at 2 p.m. are accepted and placed on the waiting list behind applications submitted during the designated application period.
* It is very important that we receive your completed application during the designated time period. Unless your child is currently enrolled, you will need to turn in a new application for the 2017 – 2018 school year.
HOW TO APPLY
One application applies to all schools. You may express preference for one school if you wish, but in order to maximize your chances of acceptance we will offer you a spot at the first available school. If you wish to decline that spot, you may, and your name can remain on the wait list for your preference school.
THE CHECK LIST:
Visit one of our campus to complete your application. Bring the following items with you:
- A copy of your child/children’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency (if you live in one of the primary service areas)
- Application addendum (if your child will be 3 or 4 years old, as of September 1, 2017
- Documentation of eligibility for state funding (if your child will be 3 or 4 years old, as of September 1, 2017
If you need additional information or assistance during the application process please contact:
- Sylvie Fitzgerald, Lumin East Dallas Community School Director (214) 824-8950, ext. 267
- Becki Hardie, Lumin Lindsley Park Community School Director (214) 321-9155, ext. 101
- Jodi Campbell, Lumin Wesley-Rankin Community School Director, (214) 699-8279, ext 254
- Or, Carol Wolfe, Student Services, (214) 321-9155, ext. 104