Lumin Education will be featured in the documentary, Building the Pink Tower. The film aims to turn collective conversations about education toward More »
Temporary Administrative Assistant, Strategic Growth Department, 30-40 hours per week through June 2017, Non-Exempt
The Temporary Administrative Assistant will report to and support the Director of Strategic Growth and office at the Lumin Wesley Rankin campus and the Lumin East Dallas campus. The Administrative Assistant will assist with administrative duties and classroom duties, such as communications with parents and staff, ordering and stocking supplies, creating spreadsheets, substituting in the classroom as needed and other duties as assigned. The position requires a high comfort level with working on multiple projects, determining priorities, meeting deadlines, and handling confidential information.
- 1-3 years of administrative assistant experience with demonstrated initiative;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, bilingual in Spanish preferred;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-up;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and
- Capacity to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
Please send cover letter and resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj
Part Time Field Trip Coordinator
This position is averages 20 hours per week from July 2016 to June 2017. The Coordinator performs logistical coordination for the field trips and camping trips for Lumin Education. This person is detail oriented and has good organizational and communication skills.
Coordination and communication
- Preplan each field trip in conjunction with supervisor, Directors and Coordinators
- Communicate with staff about logistics through email and provide client communication announcements through Facebook.
- Participate on field trips to assist with details in transportation, meals, communication with community partners and tickets.
- Communicates with Lumin Education staff responsible for field trips to ensure that project planning is understood by all.
- Answer all emails, FB notifications and phone calls in timely manner.
- Provide updates to supervisor and meet biweekly with supervisor.
- Communicate with community partners to maintain good relationship and clear communication.
- Communicate with Program Manager each week and before, during and post events. Inform Office Coordinator about updates regarding supplies and expenses.
- Prioritize safety by being knowledgeable of procedures in transportation, safety, weather and client supervision
- Keep accurate count of participant numbers and demographic data to maintain compliance with grant.
- Complete all paperwork and turn in receipts to Office Coordinator within 24 hours of event. Turn in forms to the appropriate person.
- Coordinate transportation by assessing transportation needs, reserving buses, mapping routes and requesting payment.
- Order food (when applicable) and coordinate lunch schedule and payment.
- Organize the safety plan by ensuring safety leader is assigned and oriented for the specific event. The responsibilities include transition safety, child seat safety and weather safety.
- Knowledgeable of all procedures and policies for transportation and field trips.
- Adhere to all Lumin Education ethics, values, procedures and communications.
Other duties as requested by supervisor
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj