Lumin Education will be featured in the documentary, Building the Pink Tower. The film aims to turn collective conversations about education toward More »
Part Time Field Trip Coordinator
This position is averages 20 hours per week from July 2016 to June 2017. The Coordinator performs logistical coordination for the field trips and camping trips for Lumin Education. This person is detail oriented and has good organizational and communication skills.
Coordination and communication
- Preplan each field trip in conjunction with supervisor, Directors and Coordinators
- Communicate with staff about logistics through email and provide client communication announcements through Facebook.
- Participate on field trips to assist with details in transportation, meals, communication with community partners and tickets.
- Communicates with Lumin Education staff responsible for field trips to ensure that project planning is understood by all.
- Answer all emails, FB notifications and phone calls in timely manner.
- Provide updates to supervisor and meet biweekly with supervisor.
- Communicate with community partners to maintain good relationship and clear communication.
- Communicate with Program Manager each week and before, during and post events. Inform Office Coordinator about updates regarding supplies and expenses.
- Prioritize safety by being knowledgeable of procedures in transportation, safety, weather and client supervision
- Keep accurate count of participant numbers and demographic data to maintain compliance with grant.
- Complete all paperwork and turn in receipts to Office Coordinator within 24 hours of event. Turn in forms to the appropriate person.
- Coordinate transportation by assessing transportation needs, reserving buses, mapping routes and requesting payment.
- Order food (when applicable) and coordinate lunch schedule and payment.
- Organize the safety plan by ensuring safety leader is assigned and oriented for the specific event. The responsibilities include transition safety, child seat safety and weather safety.
- Knowledgeable of all procedures and policies for transportation and field trips.
- Adhere to all Lumin Education ethics, values, procedures and communications.
Other duties as requested by supervisor
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj
Job Title: Student Services Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Student Services
School/Program: Lumin Education
Primary Work Site: TBD: Lumin East Dallas or Lindsley Park Community School Campus
Wage/Hours/Status: Full time, School Year, Exempt
Dates: Mon, Aug. 1, 2016 – Fri, June 30, 2017
The Student Services Coordinator is Responsible for the coordination of services in support of Lumin directors to ensure that Lumin Education is offering its children all required services while implementing these services in a developmentally appropriate fashion in accordance with Montessori philosophy. This role coordinates government and private funding and compliance requirements that directly touch children and their parents, including, but not limited to, recruitment, enrollment, and assessments. The Student Services Coordinator (SSC) supports students in primary and elementary classes, ages 3 to 9.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the district testing program to ensure full compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Coordinate the administration, distribution and processing of all state-, and district-mandated criterion- and norm-referenced tests administered at Lumin Education. These tests include STAAR, Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS), and Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS) as well as those required by private funders.
- Act as Campus Test Coordinators (CTCs) on testing procedures, including special accommodations, and test security issues for all state-mandated tests
- Organize, maintain, communicate and publish data as needed or requested for all staff or public.
- Implement and follow all District health and safety policies, including all precautions identified in the Blood borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan; coordinate vision and hearing screening.
- Track and meet deadlines for compliance requirements
- Work collaboratively with Student Services Manager to identify and execute special projects related to enrollment, attendance, and other projects as assigned.
- Oversee the English as a Second Language program and the Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC).
- Support student retention by being a resources to campuses. Generate reports using both paper and electronic data as needed.
- Update and administer student records in MRX.
- Works collaboratively with the Campus Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- State Certification with ESL endorsement
- Willingness to attend continuing education training (to be paid for by the organization)
- Understanding and/or willingness to learn the Montessori Philosophy;
- Basic knowledge of charter school requirements preferred;
- Spanish speaking preferred;
- Working knowledge of computer applications including: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Internet skills;
- Ability to participate in confidential discussions and protect confidential information;
- Strong oral and written communication skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Customer-service focused;
- Strong attention to detail and documentation.
- Previous experience with public Montessori school, a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj.
Assistant Teacher in 3-6 year old classroom. A classroom assistant provides vital support to the teacher in multiple ways, including care of a complex, orderly environment, managing the breakfast program, and supporting the teacher’s work with the children as specifically directed by the teacher. Listening, speaking, reading and writing fluency in English and Spanish required as well as a High School Diploma. College hours and/or degree preferred.
Beginning in August 2016 until June 2017; M-F, 7:30 AM – 1:00 PM, 27.5 hrs/week. Extended hours (7:30 to 3:00) may be requested 2 to 3 time per month.
Please send cover letter and resume to : gro.noitacudenimulnull@sboj